Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summertime

This morning my kids were arguing about mechanical pencils
yes...I said mechanical pencils.
It was loud with yelling, slamming doors, and lots of stomping.
I am lucky one of them didn't poke out their eye!

Yesterday Clay got stung by a hornet at the park when I was with some of my High School friends.
He thought he might die.
He came home and got in his pajamas...
He called in sick (from his friends?)
it was 3:00 in the afternoon.

Today Lydia threw a shoe at Clay.
Clay was cleaning out the front closet.
He made an executive decision that no Lydia shoes were allowed in the closet.
She got mad.
She threw her shoes at him.

Reeses ate a blue back-to-school marker.
She started looking like a smurf dog.
Now someone is not going to be able to color blue for an entire year.
Then she ate 18 of the chocolate chip cookies that Clay had made.

I am ready for school to start.
It just happened!!!
Summer was going so smooth and so nice, and now....I am ready.

See you at registration tomorrow!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Oh, Abby... I feel exactly the same way!!! My kids are fighting and I am tired... hooray for school:)

Tammra said...

Today Parker came to work with me. He followed me around and drove me a little crazy. I think I am ready for school to start too. I'm so glad Clay did not die. I'm also hoping that Reeces doesn't...:o/ Hope you are still planning one last hurrah to Fishlake with us.

Gear Gang said...

Oh Ab! Your summer sounds like mine. Yea! for school and less fighting :)

Rachel LaVerda said...

uh.. just tell your chilluns to come to pleasant grove and hang out with me(: tell them i am pumped for fish lake and that we will have a bunch of fun(:

Hardy Party said...

Yep, every parent reaches that point. I'm surprised it took this long. LOL Sounds like normal to me. Love you all...

Sondi

The Peach.... said...

Yes, I think you have to get to that point, or you would cry your eyes when school actually started. Somehow, you have a day that makes you "ready".....