Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ramblings of a crazy....

Tonight I watched an episode of one of the TV shows I like to follow....

I almost gagged (yes a very 80's word) when it was the "holiday episode"

Seriously! Who do these people think they are? It has not been Thanksgiving...can we not stop for just one moment to be Thankful?


I have a lot of my Christmas list checked off, and tonight our neighborhood got together, and donated the proceeds that would go to neighborhood gifts to the food bank...an amazing, stress free idea....

I was really feeling Scroogy a couple of days ago...but I guess I finally am letting the "holiday spirit" in a little bit. My favorite part so far, is practicing the piano with Clay and Lydia each morning and hearing "carol of the bells" and "rockin' around the christmas tree" progress from horrible, to passable, to pretty good.

The other day Lydia told me that her cousin, Coco, uses very "fun" words to describe things. She said that she wished that she had a "fun"' vocabulary.
It made me think of buying her a thesaurus for Christmas. (boring)
I think she might be too old for the Fancy Nancy guide to fancy words,
and she is too young for the Daily Candy Lexicon (way too many words that I don't want her to know the meaning of!)

Anybody have any suggestions for a fun vocabulary book for girls (grandma salz....come on! I know that you know of one!)

We are getting ready to host my family for Thanksgiving. I am excited about this, and think that I am pretty well prepared...but I am also a little bit nervous. This is my first time hosting Thanksgiving..and I do have a few hesitations, (do I have enough serving spoons?)..and start feeling self conscious (my house really isn't very big)...but I think it will be good. Today the carpet was cleaned...tomorrow the fridge and oven...we even got a new roof. It has been quite the week!
I have under good authority that the williams sonoma turkey gravy base is the most amazing thing ever, and totally makes the dinner...so I have that on my list of things to pick up tomorrow.

Phew...well that was rambalicious....I think i better go to bed. My throat is scratchy...and I don't feel too hot!

Good night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Williams Sonoma stuffing is really good too...You will do fabulous- Good luck w/ everything!

atki family said...

Abby! You will do great! It is just family and they are very forgiving. Where do you get Williams Sonoma gravy?

The CEO said...

Wow...we are really all grown up. Have a great Thanksgiving. :) Shanna

mindy said...

ooh, so grown up! Hosting Thanksgiving dinner! :o) I have yet to have the honor, though I'm sure it will come soon enough.

Happy Thanksgiving! Tell your folks hi for me!

Hardy Party said...

It was so great to see you all at Thanksgiving. Love you all...

Sondi