
Ok, so the other day I was giving Clint some grief about baseball...it is not the end all be all, there are other things to life, it cannot take up ALL of our spare time (he is coaching allstars- about 20 hours per week), and then he comes home from ward softball last night (I was at enrichment night so I didn't see the action) looking like this!!!!
AUGH!!!!!
His story is that he was at a baseball swimming party, and had to jump in the pool (with his shirt on) to catch a ball....( yes, this is Clint we are talking about...don't question my word choice of HAD) then he went to his ward softball game, and his shirt was wet...there was two down, they were down by six, the play was at second, and he had to "Pete Rose" it to second (yes again...had to) except his shirt was wet, so instead of sliding, he more like pile drived his face into the ground. He was safe....phew!!!

5 comments:
OH MY HECK! This is such a classic Clint picture!
It totally gives me flash backs to cleats flying into his mouth, which resulted in stitches, a pop fly dropping him in center field when it collided with his esophagus, and I think there is a broken nose in there somewhere, not to mention many many similar looking scars and scabs all over his legs...all from baseball!
I do have to say I would have liked to have seen the "pile drive"! He is funny!
Some things never change. Clint I am so glad you were safe, because I am sure you are thinking that totally makes the sacrifice worth it. Right? You crack me up.
I feel like singing "Memories" about now. Oh my goodness Clint! I thought my worries about you getting injured like this were over......I'm sure glad you were safe - in more ways than one! I love you. Be careful, please.
I am sure you are so proud, abby!
Oh my Gosh... all that for baseball... Abby what was that about being so intense. Your dad says "Way to Go Clint"
Love Dad and Sondi
Post a Comment