Dear year.....
You tried to do me in last August. August was full of psych hospitals, and floods and stress, and angels. People coming through for me, that I didn't even know were there. You tried to tear me apart emotionally and physically, and at points....you succeeded...thank goodness that August 2007 is over, and hopefully I learned my lesson. I don't need to experience you again, I could even forget you...and probably be ok with that.
September brought recovery...but only half heartedly. Things still weren't right. Meds weren't balanced...it was kind-of like our basement...it was dry from the flood...but still torn up inside. Emotions were raw, and all cyclinders definately were not clicking.
October and November brought hope. The law was put aside, finances were put in order, job searching for me began...it was a time of healing...however with Clay's baptism, the emotions were still raw. Tears flowed openly.
December brought options. A new start was right around the corner. The celebration of Christ was upon us...and a sense of tentative peace settled over our family.
January brought to us a new start. A new job for me, and Olympus pride for Clint. Meds were finally in balance, and Clint's job path was starting to look like what he needed for mental health.
February March and April brought a cold spring, and a reopening of wounds...that would finally be able to close once and for all, without infection and without scar. However painful it was....it was finally over, commitments and trust could start to be restored. Definately a reawakening both in the world, and for the spiritual health of our family.
May brought spring, and laughter and baseball (continued from April) Involvement, service and being a part of kids lives is what Clint excels at. It brought the end of school, and the start of summer.
June and July you brought baseball, and a little bit more...swimming parties with the Afflecks, lots of time spent with the kids, and a feeling of commmunity with the neighborhood. Mental stability was not even a question? How odd that last year it consumed my thoughts...and this year, I can look back at it as a memory... I am surprised at how much I think about last year. I am surprised that it was only one year ago...it seems like ages- the dark ages.
Dear year....how happy I am that you are over!!! How happy that I am on this side of time. How lucky that time passes, wounds heal, and memories fade. How lucky I am to feel the support and love of so many people, and have friends and neighbors and family that look out for our little family, and don't abandon us - but rally around when the storms hit. Hopefully now we can support others through their personal storms.
Dear year...although I will never forget you completely, it will never be fond memories. Thank you for turning around, thank you for not imploding our lives, thank you that we are intact, and happy.
Here's to the next year!
Abby
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Abby! It is so wonderful to see you and Clint happy! You are both huge blessings in our lives. We feel so fortunate that Clint has been a big part of Harrison's life via coaching- he is the best... it has made baseball fun and bearable. We appreciate the sacrifices you have made, so he could do this. We love you and are so happy (ten times over!) that we call you our friends!!! LOL Katie (I guess I should have written that and mailed it to you....!!!!)
WOW! Yeah, I read that and bawled like a baby!
Next week is our 3 year reunion for the start of all of our baby craziness. I cannot reflect on it without thinking about how grateful I am for you two! And how much I love LOVE you guys! You were my stability! It was a rough time for us and definately you guys. It was a time I wouldn't have traded for anything! The lessons learned and faith gained!
I love you two so much! Ab, you are still my hero! You know that! You are the STRONGEST woman I know and as Clint's sister, I thank you SO MUCH for stickin in when it would have been easier not to! I love you!
Abby,
You are a lovely person.
Hooray for survival! I am so glad that you and Clint are doing well.
Cousin Alison
Hi Abby,
WOW! I always thought you were a strong women. Now I know that you are. I am very sorry that you had to have a year like that. We all have storms that we will have to endure and the only way we can get through them is with the help of family and friends.
It was great to be with you over the weekend and have a few laughs. Your children are growing up fast. Love ya lots!
I love you, Abby! You are amazing to me. Thank you for your friendship.
I love you all and am so thankful for the way this year has turned out. Amazing how things have changed. Amazing what a strong family you are.
Abby,
What we've learned during this year is that you are an amazing woman. That you held your family together through all of this is an isnpiration to all of us. We love you, and admire your determination and hope. That one year later you can look at the struggle as a memory, is truely amazing...
Love George and Sondi
Post a Comment