First of all...let me get this out of the way..Utah, good job last night. The way you dominated Alabama was impressive, you were amazing...and yet a couple little dark corners of me, really wanted you to get stomped.
Now to our therapy session.
I am a candyholic. I love sugar. I eat it daily. In mass quantities. A college roommate once told me that she thought my diet was 70% candy/sweets. I think she might be right!!! This has gone on for years (fetal sucrose syndrome anyone?) However lately I have realized that sugar does not love me back. It makes me fat. It makes me want it more. It sends me on highs and lows (although that is some of the appeal.) It comes in so many different forms, candy, cookies, runts, starbursts, chocolate, chocolate covered cinnamon bears, chocolate covered marshmallows, chocolate covered starbursts, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered peanut butter, chocolate covered brocolli...(you get the point).
So...I am breaking my obsession, my addiction and my overeating...and am hereby becoming a Candy Connoisseur. I now only eat the best candy. I seriously have tried most candy...I know what it is, and now I demand the best (in small quantities). I think of myself like a wine tester....going to a winery, smelling, swirling, enjoying the aroma, and the subtle undercurrents, and then spitting it out! WAIT- this may give the wrong impression, I am not a wine tester, nor am I becoming a bulemic
I am hoping that this change in attitude will:
1: Help me not feel deprived
2: cut out some calories from my life
3: help me get control of this area of my life
4: save the world
Phew...thanks for listening!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm a sugarholic, too. And BOY I've been bad today. I don't know if I'm quite up to becoming a Candy Connoisseur yet, though. Maybe when I'm 31. And not pregnant.
I love the candy connoisseur idea. I once read, "Don't waste good calories on bad food". It was in reference to airplane food, back in the day when airlines served food. I try to keep that idea in mind and I think it helps.
For the connoisseur I'd like to recommend the Chocolove Raspberries in Dard Chocolate. YUM! A little bit is all you need. (It comes in a hot pink wrapper. I find them at Target.)
I want to know what the best candy is--do tell! I've kind of gone off candy in the last couple of years. Even though I've always liked it, it just seems too sweet lately. I can still put down the cookies, though.
Wendy
I never would have guessed this considering half the sweets in your house are plastered to some sort of decoration or ornament. I'm happy to see that you are not cutting the maltose, fructose, sucrose out of your life completely. That just wouldn't be healthy. It'd be like saying "No more happiness!" I think you have found a happy medium. I wish you the best.
That is funny that you bring up the sugar addiction. I often feel the exact same way. I crave and crave and finally CAVE in! This often ends in great remorse...and fatness. Good luck in your connoisseur adventure!
Post a Comment