Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Ewww, how egocentric can a person get? I know, I know....

But let me just explain myself.

A couple of years ago Clint was not that great at Birthdays (Clint, do you agree?)
One year he went to Costco and spent a LOT of money on a Noah's Ark painting for our kitchen.
Some of you might say nice!

I said...we can't afford this...not at all (and I didn't like it) and we took it back. The feelings, the tension, and the overwhelming discomfort of this day are very memorable.

But that seems to be in the past, and he has a learning curve that is shocking. For the past couple of years he has made my birthdays spectacular. He is thoughtful, he is kind, and he is so darn good looking.

This year he took the kids in for a surprise photo shoot with an awesome photographer.
He didn't even tell me, I didn't have to coordinate outfits...he just made it work. He even called her up, and asked if the photographer could help with Lydia's hair, because he didn't want to ask me to do it!





Then he surprised me with pictures of the kids, and him. they are magical, they are beautiful, and they are perfect....and that doesn't even take into account the Cafe de Normandie Fruit tart that he had ready for breakfast! (YUM, Cake for breakfast)

Clint.....thanks for making my day awesome!!!! I love you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you have Clint give Tom some lessons? I would really appreciate it! Glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Brian and Kayla said...

Happy Birthday Abby! I thought about you yesterday. I don't know why I always remember your birthday...probably because mine is in May too. Anyway, I look forward to seeing the cute Salisbury family soon...I miss you guys!

Steven and Merilee Swain said...

Oh, Abby, those pictures are just DARLING! Love them! Glad you had a great day!

Merilee

Gear Gang said...

Oh Wow!!!!
Those pics are amazing!!!

Love them, Love them. Good job, Clint-

Happy, Happy Birthday Abby. I think this is a good excuse to go out for some lunch or dinner sometime- What do you think?

Love you.

mindy said...

so sweet! I, too, have a husband who doesn't "do" birthdays. He says he doesn't like feeling obligated to give gifts on certain days, he likes to do nice things unexpectedly (which he does). But I haven't quite let go of WANTING my birthday to be kind of special.

love the pics!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Now THAT is perfect! The learning curve IS amazing! I had a bday just like that once! Couldn't afford much, let alone $170 on 2 books from the early 1900's. One had Heber J. Grants signature. Ry was so excited. I was SO not. What was wrong with a simple foot spa?! I felt like a jerk. Actually, I think I would quite enjoy the books now. However, they were sold on ebay. Our money was recovered so we could make the car payment! :)

I love those pictures! I love that Clint even thought about Lyd's hair. I HATE that I didn't call you on YOUR day! DARN IT AB! I am a jerk! Can you ever forgive me?!

I am glad you had a great day! Love you!

Hardy Party said...

Abby,

We are so glad you had a wonderful Birthday and the pictures are AMAZING. We're glad Clint is getting it. That is really getting it. Just takes a while, right.. We just go out to dinner.

We love you all. Please give the kids a big hug for us...

Love Dad and Sondi

The CEO said...

Happy Birthday! Those pictures are incredible! Great job, Clint. Shanna

carroll family said...

that is awesome!! keldon just totally messed up mother's day after he didn't do anything for my birthday...oh, well, always next year :) AND, why didn't you tell me you were coming to disneyland. we totally would have come and met you just to say hi for 3 seconds, and then let you continue to have fun. I love Disneyland!! Sounds like you picked a great day to go!