Monday, July 20, 2009

Bedroom makeover

So ummmm....My room has been in dire straights for a while.

See, it started out with painting the walls...a fiery reddish color...that I kind of hated...but kind of liked..it was just so bold..but it was in Pottery Barn's color deck, so I thought...it has to be right...don't mind that the color was GERANIUM (not the delicate geranium)

Then..I found a target bedspread that I really liked...pure white....ewww that's pretty (and really functional with little kids)- but I still like it, plus it reminds me of my sweet sisters in law, and their wedding dresses of last summer..with the pleating and gathers.





and Clint thought accenting with turquoise was cool....

Then some new crown and baseboard (nice and wide!)

Then I found an antique tin ledge (still not hung) at Emilie Janes (my FAVORITE local find)

and then I saw these Love pillows


I loved them...but not $60.00 for pillowcases love...so I made this instead

(I told you the walls were screaming- but I kind of like their screaming now...it's more of a dull roar)

I love the font that I found, it's called shambhala at fonts.com (free) and I printed it out on linen...and then added pom pom fringe...a staple at my home

and now I'm hoping that this is the catalyst to get this room put together and finished....since it's been since APRIL!!!
(plus- I have to post the finished product now!!!)

Phew- better get back to work (maybe I should post the weeds in my backyard for additional motivation to get weeding as well---no that's too embarrasing!)

5 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

LOVE RED! LOVE LOVE IT! I think it is one of my favorite colors to decorate with! It is fun and cozy! I LOVE the "LOVE" too! Thanks for the pass-a-long on the font!

That bedspread is to DIE for! I swear one day I will have deep eggplant colored walls and a crisp white bedspread! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you told us about it BEFORE you were finished. Srsly, POST MORE PICTURES!

Gear Gang said...

You are amazing Ab!! I wish I had a little tiny sliver of your creative side.

What do you think about a slipe n slide at grandma's before school starts?

Hardy Party said...

So cute Abby.. :-)

The Peach.... said...

So, I'm thinking if I stand next to you long enough, some of your creativity will rub off on me. Seriously. And yes, more pictures, please!!!
I love Emily Janes too. So cute.