When I think back of 2009....I hope that I will remember a Christmas full of:
Lydia getting a personalized letter from Santa...and carried it around as a treasured posession, cementing an image into a worried mind.
Henry seeing Clay's name on the elf's naughty list at Gardner Village...and being very worried for his brother.
Henry biting the heads off of the gingerbread boys...complete with shrieking and screaming sound effects.
Clay snooping in the Christmas gifts (how does he find them all?) and then telling me what he wants for Christmas...(weird...I got that yesterday?)
Clint working diligently on a family Christmas video....and finding so much pleasure in getting the right pictures to the right song at the right time.
Reeses having to play with her best friend Meeka, and diving in the snow.
Lydia sewing around gift tags, ...and mastering the whipstitch, the chainstitch and the basic stitch, and impatiently waiting to move onto the blanket stitch.
Me walking with my friends at 9:00 PM, most nights....drinking in the cold night air, and the beautiful Christmas lights.
Henry taking me on a double date with Tammy and Damon to the Pizza Factory
Clay and Lydia practicing carol of the bells, and rockin around the christmas tree at all tempos, dynamic levels, and rhythmic variations that they can come up with...trying to perfect it.
Clay yelling out the window, as we pass light displays, while eating frozen yogurt, "Nice Lights" brrrrr....
Me reading the best Christmas Pagaent ever, to my kids each night, and reliving a piece of my childhood.
I am sure that I will get to continue the list as we build more memories with friends and families in the next week.
What a magical time of year!
Merry Christmas
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great memories.
The Greatest Christmas Pageant Ever makes me cry.
Every time.
You are so cute. We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Love you...
Merry Christmas....i was just reviewing your blog, since i never look at blogs, or update my own...and I have just to say, you are amazing!! Just like always! I don't know how you do it, but you just do, and continue to do. I'm totally amazed by you! Maybe i will get to see you this summer when we are in idaho and utah, about June 28-July 30. I will let you know when it gets closer when we will be in Utah.
Post a Comment