What????
Let me illustrate...
I have a wonderful, incredible mother in law. She has been through SO much, she has seven children...the oldest which is my husband, and the youngest which is 6 months older than Lydia.
She has given me strength through my darkest hours...and made me see the other side of the equation...
and she worries....children, money, grand-children, the perfect gift..I think a friend once mentioned that she worries enough for all of her children!
So tonight I got to go see her in her profession. She is a librarian. Lydia and I went to see her present Clementine, and participate in her mother daughter book club. It was so fun to see her in her element. She was confident, and smart, and clever, and thoughtful. It was so fun to see her librarian side...

Yesterday I was in my job as "workers comp nurse case manager" I had to attend a meeting with one of my patent's and his employer to discuss going back to work.
On the way out he mentioned to me that he felt the meeting went much better because I was there. "they changed their tune when you walked in" Like I was some big intimidating uber-force.
That cracks me up. He probably didn't know that I was playing magician earlier that day, by making invisible kool-aid for my 5 year old, and singing "on the wings of love" (stuck in my head from stupid Bachelor cheeziness) into the spoon that I was stirring the mac and cheese with.

3 comments:
Abby, thank you so much for the kind and thoughtful words. It means so much. I think you are wonderful and incredible too!
It was so fun to have you and Lydia at the book group. I sometimes worry that my family will never know that side of me. I was so happy you would come and spend that fun time with me. I look forward to next month. I wish you lived closer so that I could get you involved in all of my book groups. That would be so fun! I have happy memories from when you were in my neighborhood book group with me years ago.
Love you!
Yeah, you are intimidating...and amazing!! (and I bet "the wings of love" sounded great) :) Shanna
You are a fun writer...I think along with your mac and cheese singing career you should take on writing.
Post a Comment