Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chicken a la disastor

So I made
Chicken for dinner...easy enough...
ingredients:
chicken
barbecue sauce
cheese
bacon

put in the chicken breasts, pour in the barbecue sauce (got it for Christmas from Clint's work)cook at 375 for 45 minutes add cheese and bacon crumbles..cook for 10 more minutes.

On the table with rice and veggie...and Clint's first words...
Whoa this is hot...
Clay...my tongue is on fire
Henry...Water, water!
Lydia: I can't talk.

They were so brave...we all drank our ideal 8 glasses of water in 5 minutes, trying to cool off our tongue. They loved the bacon, they even said thank you for dinner.
So um...maybe I should have tasted the "gourmet" barbecue sauce before using it. Maybe I should not have used barbecue sauce with pepper as the first ingredient...
maybe I'll make something nice and cool for dinner tonight....
ice cream anyone?

3 comments:

The Peach.... said...

this is like, totally, the story of my life. Here's one of my "not so finer" moments: I bought the TOBASCO flavored pickles at Target one day, not knowing they were Tobasco....and my kids were breathing fire for days. Sydney's tongue was burned with a rash....Who know they even MADE Tobasco pickles??? Why, why, why?

Tuzi Salz said...

I just pictured that whole thing in my head like a movie. I'm sure it was awesome!

Hardy Party said...

I can just see that happening... We love you guys. We're going to be back in Utah for the blessing of Brooklyn in March. Hopefully we will get to see all your happy little faces then. It will be a short trip, just over a weekend. Then we plan to put the house on the market in May, and try to get sold, and move to Utah. We can't wait to spend a lot more time with all of you.

Love,
Dad & Sondi