So I really need to blog about Lydia and her birthday and Clint's blue and gold banquet...
But this morning when I woke up...my eye was fused shut with gunk..
(and I knew)
and it was red, and oh so sensitive to light
(it was going to be)
and I felt like I had shards, and maybe a sliver or two of glass stabbing into my cornea
(a horrible, no good, very bad)
and my optomotrist says..."I can see you in four days"
(day.)
Right now it sure would come in handy if I knew how to wink, shut one eye without manual force
It reminds me of when I was a nursing student, and I woke up with a corneal abrasion, but I still had to go to clinical. And my face was puffy, and my eye hurt, and my instructors put a giant patch on my eye, and told me to get busy with my assessments. As if seeing a nurse, all in white, with a nametag "Abby, Student Nurse" didn't make the patients get better real fast so they could make a run for it...I'm sure the eye patch was the clincher at instilling confidence!
(I think I'm moving to Australia)
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I was just about to comment on your last post and ask how you were doing because I hadn't heard much from you in the past couple of weeks. I'm happy to know you are still alive, but sad to hear that your eye is working against you. I think the pirate look is in right now...
Ab, I am so sorry. What a Bummer!!!
get felling better soon.
I'm so sorry.. I had a corneal ulcer one time. It was AWFUL. I went to the hospital. I saw a specialist the next morning. I was seeing him for months before I was cleared... I hope you see someone soon. Maybe just go directly to the specailist and skip the regular optomitrist... Eyes are very sensitive little things... Love you all...
Post a Comment