Our beautiful daughter turned 8 last week...
I can't even explain how far we have come.
I carried her around for the first 2 years of her life, because she would scream and cry if anyone else held her....and she wouldn't stop.
I think she stayed small, so I could carry her. We took her to the doctor for check ups, and they would encourage me to feed her more. She started loosing weight..she was off the charts in height and weight at age 1. She got her first tooth at 14 months. We celebrated when she got to the 5%.
That is the only time in her life she has been at 5%.
The rest of the time has been 199%
She listens, she learns, and she is phenomenal.
She is creative, she has personality, and I think she has great ways to show it.
She started dressing herself at age 2. I would give her guidance, I would put my foot down at some of the crazy outfits...especially for church. I never worried that she "didn't care" what she was wearing....
she lays out outfits on her floor, exactly how they will look on her, with the shoes at the bottom of her tights...., and necklaces placed on her shirts.
About 2 years ago Lydia went to a gymnastics class one day, she got sick that night...and over the next few days she got scary sick. She had high fevers, and started hallucinating. I was so mad when I took her to the ER and they said she had a UTI, and they sent me home because she couldn't give a urine sample.
She had pneumonia...she recovered well, but was weak for awhile, and there was no way she was going back to gymnastics...
then one day...about a year ago
she decided
to go back.
She does so well. She loves it, and her body is getting so strong!
I am lucky to be this little girl's mom. She is strong, she is determined, and she is going to keep me busy during the next 8 years of her life. I better hold on...cause we are in for a ride!
Happy birthday sweet Lydia!

2 comments:
Happy (Late) Birthday Lydia!! How lucky that you are just like your mother:) and you look like her too!!
What a lovely post, Abby. I'm sure Lydia will love reading it.
Post a Comment