Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Not trying to catch up.....

Last night my kids told me they had it all figured out.

My initial reaction was....where is that bag of chocolate chips that I can't find?

Clay: "We are all going to live by each other when we grow up"
Lydia and Henry: heads nodding vigorously.
Lydia: "We are going to live in kid order"
(that's been a big deal lately....oldest to youngest type of thing)
Clay: I will have the biggest house....but it won't be very nice. Lydia will live next door in the medium house and then.....
Henry: and I'll have the smallest house, but it will be the nicest.

I might print out this conversation....
I might emboss it in gold on our kitchen table...
so someday...when clay is 16, lydia is 14 and Henry is 12....and they hate each other's hormonal guts....
I can remind them that they used to be friends.

3 comments:

Tuzi Salz said...

Reason I love you blogging: witty writing style (I hear your voice in my head as I read and think that is so Abby), useful information, fun and laughter.

Clint said...

i will have the nicest house

Unknown said...

i will have the nicest house
clay