Christmas is a great/magic time at our house, the elves come and visit us helping with the countdown to Christmas each day, we open a door on our Lego Advent Calendar (thanks Romneys!), we go to temple square, we build gingerbread houses and today Clay admitted that Santa is not real.
I am so sad and disappointed about Clay. I didn't think it really mattered, but he has been such a driving force in the magic, and since he no longer believes it is only a matter of time with Lydia and Henry.
He was really disappointed this morning. I guess yesterday one of his friends that he really trusts found out, told him, and then all he had to do was look around...and it got verified for him. The tears flowed, and we almost had to miss a day of school. Hopefully he can feel the "magic" of Christmas, making it magic for others.
Man...growing up is tough

8 comments:
Oh SAD! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell him to keep that from Jake. I just can't bear not having the magic for at least another year.
I remember when Bonnie told me. Man, that was a weird year!
Oh, sad. Growing up sucks, sometimes!
I forgot to tell you that I LOVE your picture!
Hey you guys. What a cute family! Seeing you with your three kids that are growing up so fast makes me wonder how you got to be so much older then me. ;) I still feel 20, and like it was just yesterday you came buy and invited me to join you for a nice walk to FHE. So there is no way it can be that one of my closest friends from high school can have such a great looking family. . . for me it's almost as sad as finding out Santa retired I suppose.
Glad you guys are doing well. Merry Christmas . . . Ho Ho Ho Ho. Love you guys.
I love your family picture!! That is so cute! Glad you guys are doing good!
We love the picture and we are so sad about Clay. That is so hard. :-( We hope he can find the magic again and be happy. Growing up is REALLY hard. We love your letter to him too.
Dad & Sondi
My big kids found out this year, too--and they told my five year old! It's been sad, but inevitable, I suppose.
I remember when I found out--my dad told me and my older brother when I was in second grade. I had held onto Santa being real SO hard--I was determined to hear the bell ring FOREVER. I don't know if my dad would have told me, except for some reason I got a fiscal conscience that year, and had sent Santa $2 in my letter to help pay for the presents. So then my dad must have felt guilty, depriving me of my hard-earned money, and HAD to tell me.
Anyway, sorry it's such a long comment--your family picture is beautiful!
Wendy
Aw, that's sad. My daughter Zion (age 6) is really into knowing "the TRUTH" and doesn't like people pretending that false things are true. She's asked us many times about Santa, and we've been honest and said that we've never seen him, but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist. She's the sort of kid who would feel more pain over being deceived than over the fact that Santa isn't real, so we have to be careful with that.
And your family is just TOO CUTE!! And you look fabulous, by the way.
Post a Comment