Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Freezing time

Lately I have been wondering if time could be frozen....I think I would choose now!  or maybe, now...No, no.....now!  Yea sure, of course I want to freeze time, my kitchen floor is clean, and my kids are asleep, and my husband is happy at the jazz game, and I get to be home for some one on me time!  But seriously, these are the days of my life!

When I was in Junior High, I used to watch Days of Our Lives with my big sister.  It was so soapy, and quite operaie, and we loved to watch Shane and Kimberly, Patch and Adrienne, Bo and Hope, Marlana and John/Stephano/he died so many times, and was reincarnated I have no idea who he is.   30 minutes into the show a deep voice announced "like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives"

I am not sure where I am going with this...but today I got to go to Lydia's classroom, and help the very organized Miss Sanders make "Pumpkin Fluff" for her class (mix pumpkin pie filling with cool whip, put graham cracker crumbs on top, sprinkle with cinnamon)  Lydia woke up this morning  and was so excited I was coming.  The whole time she sat by me.   We got to read Junie B. Jones books, and then we walked home together.   This probably isn't going to be the norm...for much longer. 

In High School I was such a brat....I thought my mom was so uncool.  She went on an orchestra trip to Disneyland with me.  She thought it would be so bonding, I did not talk with her the entire time.....sad. 

Clay would rather be with me, than at home playing video games... He gets nervous, he wonders when everyone is going to be home, and he starts having "bad feelings" when we are late.   His favorite is Sunday nights when we get to play Blokus, or Sorry together, and he knows where everyone is.  

Someday he might not care.  Someday, he might wish we would all just go away.  Someday, he might go away...
And Henry, well Henry has gotten away with so much for so long, that now...taking him into public is becoming a liability.  We went to our Salt Lake Grandma and Grandpas house the other night......Oh my, he was everywhere, trying out the crutches, trying out the grabber, playing with their Russian dolls, eating all of their candy...>AUGH!!!  He was driving me crazy, yet still...there are moments everyday where he makes me laugh, where he impresses me with his smartness, and where some manly tenderness shines through. 

So as for freezing time? Anyone got any ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abby,

That is just wonderful. We really enjoyed that. It's nice to hear about how the kids are day to day since we get to see them so infrequently. We love you all and hope everything is wonderful.

Love Dad & Sondi

Cissy said...

A very sweet post, Abby. I often wonder if my kids enjoy being home with me as much as I do. It seems like they want to be off playing at a friend/cousin's house or at school. How do we hold on to these days?