Thursday, October 2, 2008

Just a morning walk

So I am not really very good at the girl thing. I love being invited to girls nights out, but as far as planning, and getting together with all you girls...not so good. Something definately to work on.

Today I got to walk to school, just me and Lydia. She held my hand the whole way there. We talked about her hair (we did the fluffy braid thing) and pumpkins, and how important Halloween is, and why she bugs some boys more than others....very serious stuff...and I realize I get another chance....that someday (probably tomorrow) Lydia will grow up, and hopefully we will be good at the girl thing...because we have been practicing since she was little.

4 comments:

atki family said...

That sounds like a wonderful moment. Enjoy those times. They don't last long. Hope that you are all doing great. How is the new job?

Cissy said...

Very sweet, Abby. I frequently have to remind myself to take time away from the gaggle of boys and be a little girl's mom, too.

The CEO said...

I love those tender moments. It makes up for the insane craziness that is LIFE! When you have your "girls nights out" with Lydia, I want to come because knowing you, they will ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy,

That is so sweet. Lydia is so darn cute and you are so much fun with them. That's a great moment to treasure...

Love Dad and Sondi