Lydia is 7.
Lydia is everything that a seven year old should be...and a couple of extras too! She can be spunky, spirited, quiet, funny and oh so wise. She has attitude, but also a very tender sweetness. She always gives me a run for my money..but I don't think that I would be who I am, if I didn't know her!!! She motivates me, she makes me better, she makes me more girly...and I love her so much!
After Lydias birthday...we all got ready...and went to Disneyland.
It was Lydia and Henry's first time on an airplane. Henry could hardly contain himself
Disneyland prep was great!!! The kids all earned their own money doing jobs, and saving allowance. Lydia had over $100
We decided that mom and dad would provide the meals...the rest was up to the kids...if they wanted treats at the airport...go buy one! They were very wise with their money. Stuffed animals were a big hit, as well as trading pins!! The lines were 20 minutes max, the temp was high 60's. It was Disneyland at it's best. I truly felt like I was in the happiest place on earth!
After one glorious laborius day at Disneyland the kids wanted to hit the soda machine, so we got their money and went to the machine...each one pushed the Sprite button and each one got Dr. Pepper. They thought this was hilarious. Henry told his friends that this was his favorite part of disneyland!!
Lydia says this was her favorite part!
I had a blast on
Clay was in heaven on
Clint loved Big Thunder Mountain!!- but we didn't get a pic.
After we got home our neighbor started working on our basement!!! Finally the insurance money (YEA GEICO) came through, and we are getting our bathroom redone (seriously the new nicest room in my house) I can see the conversations now, "please come over for book club, in my basement bathroom!"
and here we are today:
The kids started piano lessons (ummm, aren't you supposed to start in September? We're a little behind the game- but better late than never)
Clay is a Tampa Bay Devil Ray- they got schooled in their game last night...no where to go but up!!!
Clint is the coach...and a great one at that. He sends out about 10 emails a week with philosophy, encouragement, more practices.....he's awesome! He is also one of the 11 year old Scout Leaders!
Lydia is a gymnast and a soccer dude..
and Henry starts T-ball next week.
I am also on day 25 of P90X!!! Wahoo!! I wish I could say I am skinny and beautiful...but right now, all I can say is for the first time in a long time...I look forward to my workouts- which is a lot for me!
I will post pictures of my bathroom and my new (drum roll please) Craft nook!! It is turning out AMAZING!!!!! (Maybe I'll get that post up in August)
Phew! Now that I feel caught up...maybe I can, have fun with this again!!
Seeya soon....for real!

4 comments:
Abby,
That is so cool. We are so glad the kids got to go to Disneyland. What fun! Also, getting the basement done... GREAT! It sounds like everyone is so busy... :-) We love you all..
Dad & Sondi
Hey Abby,
Great to see a new post! Disneyland is the greatest, isn't it! We went in October 2007 and it was just the perfect trip for us.
take care!
Merilee
I am a little jealous!! It looks like you had so much fun. I am so glad Clint thought of doing that for you guys, what a great Christmas gift!
I'm happy to hear news from you again! The kids look great and *old*...we still haven't been to Disneyland, but your report encourages me...Matt did P90x this past winter, while I watched and thought, "That much exercise doesn't seem right." Good luck with all the upcoming goals.
Post a Comment