Mortality has been on my mind....
yeah...just little flitty topics like mortality.
My dad is 68 years old
It seems like he has been 90 this past week
He has Parkinsons.....
then he fell and broke his hip in California...
and needed to come back to Utah.
I am so lucky that I have the father I do.
He taught me how to work hard.
He taught me that mowing the lawn with three lawn mowers....is faster than one.
He taught me that even though you can buy a bag of potatoes for $1.00, picking them out of the field builds character.
He taught me loyalty.
I like that I have my dad's eyes.
He teaches me endurance.
He taught me that putting a metal roof on his shop can give you a killer tan, and some decent biceps.
He taught me that I have to put my weight behind a chain saw, or it could buck up on you.
He taught me that running all of the water through a solar panel on top of your house can give you free hot water.
He taught me that if the compressor over heats, that I need to fill it up with water...FAST.
He taught me that earning a nickel is great...but helping out the needy is better.
Money does not grow on trees
My name is not mud
I wish my kids could know my dad...not "old-man grandpa" but my dad.
Yup...just thinking about mortality.....

5 comments:
I remember when we hiked donut falls with him- Very impressive. He taught me that no matter the difficulty- you never give up and eventually you reach the top. I will forever be changed for that one moment- for knowing him. He is a great man, Abby!
Abby,
What a nice tribute to write about your father. Wonderful! It is obvious how much you love him... :-)
Sondi
Abby you are so blessed to have such a sweet father who was willing to teach you so much. I have always felt lucky to know him and your mom and to share grandkids with them. Please give them both my love.
Yep, Abby, your dad is pretty great! Must run in the family--I think MY dad's pretty great--and I bet the Lemons think their mom is pretty great!! LOL. Sorry to hear he broke his hip--hope he's doing all right.
love, Merilee
Abby, I think because I've always thought of your dad as my "Uncle Dave," sometimes I forget that he is the father of all you kids! :o) He's such an amazing man. I've always been grateful to know him and have him as a part of my life.
Post a Comment