and I think most people agree,
but when BYU announced that they would be playing in Dallas Cowboys brand new stadium...seriously...the little boy glint would not leave his eye....so we had to get tickets.....
EXCEPT....
Setting: airplane taxi-ing before take-of in Salt Lake City
Abby: "so you have the tickets to the game right?"
Clint: Look of terror
Abby: "we are so toast"
Clint; suspended look of terror
Abby: "we might as well just go home now.....EXCEPT WE ARE IN THE AIR!!!!!!
SOOOO
our friend Jeff got in our house, PDF'd the tickets to us...and then (he is our home teacher...and he is sooooo done with his home teaching for the rest of the year) HE WOKE UP EARLY and drove the tickets to the Salt Lake Airport, and gave them to a BYU t-shirt wearing fan, along with our phone number....who we met at the airport, and got our tickets from....
meanwhile...I had called every phone number I could think of at Dallas Cowboy Stadium, and we had gotten bank statements, and email confirmations...just in case!
All so we wouldn't miss THIS!!!
There was soooo much RED everywhere!!! (I kind of felt like I was in my neighborhood!)
and then University of Oklahoma had to pull out their AMAZING marching band that had awesome formations, and even a baton twirler that was probably on full ride she was so awesome!!
and the stadium....whoa...the stadium, brand new, ginormous screen in front of us, soft backed seats, climate controlled, personal matre de...whoa sorry, getting a little carried away there....
and then...we WON???? It was surreal!!! It was awesome walking back to our car through the acres of tailgating, SILENT, OU fans...who out of courtesy said, "good game" it was incredible, and sooooo much fun!!!
Yay Jeff!
Thanks again!

7 comments:
Okay, okay, okay. Brian and I thought...it would sure be fun to go to that game but there was only standing room left. Oh well, we'll watch it at home right? But you guys were there! AHHHH! Even if it is a four hour drive you will never be closer to our part of the woods. If you ever go again, we want in so that we can see you guys! It looks like you had a blast. Go BYU!
I am so glad you got to go to that came. It looks like so much fun. Congrats to BYU!!!
Thank goodness for great neighbors! I'm a firm believer that there is always a solution. I'm glad one came to you after the initial shock. I'm so thrilled you had such a good time. After the game I said, "The best part of that win for me is that Clint was there to see it!"
Love you!!
First, from the guy that left his backpack on the side of the road on a backpacking trip...the whole ticket thing, not so suprising! :)
But I must say that this would go down as one of Clints favorite days EVER! I am SO glad you guys went! I LOVE saying, "Hey, that would be sweet" and then DOING IT! :) Glad you had fun and victory!
Oh I am SO jealous!! That was such an amazing game... I think being in that stadium is beautiful!!
NO FREAKING WAY. (Brent and I could not stop laughing). Shanna
Ok, I am SEETHING jealousy right now, I had no idea you went. WOW. And what a story!
Post a Comment