Monday, September 7, 2009

Mothers Day...I mean Clay's Birthday

Ten years...

Since going to the planetarium with my in-laws the night before I went into labor
Since walking around sugar house park convincing myself that I was not in labor, while Clint read Lord of the Rings to me when I was doubled over (having contractions...ding-dong!) but not going to the hospital...
Since natural child birth....
Since holding my first brand new baby boy....
Since being petrified that I didn't know what I was doing....
Since feeling the inexperienced, overwhelming love that a mother feels for her first child she is meeting for the first time

I am SO lucky that I have had Clay to glue me together...even when the pressure was on
I am SO lucky that Clay has always helped me along the way...even though I am way too immature to have a 10 year old.
I am SO lucky that my son is one of my best friends...and someone that I love to hang out with
I am SO lucky to be his mom.



Happy Birthday Clay! (in 15 minutes)

6 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday Clay!! I am so glad you went to the BYU game... Clint must have known something big was going to happen!!

Brian and Kayla said...

Fun posts Ab! Thanks for sharing! I want to see this cute puppy everyone is raving about!

Gear Gang said...

I can't believe it has been 10 years already. Happy Birthday buddy!! Kaitlyn woke up this morning and said, "Mom, its Clay's birthday, we can't go to school." So without the override of a mother that desperatly needs a break from children, your birthday nearly became a holiday for all!!!

Love you so much!!!

Tammra said...

What a blessing this sweet and amazing young man has been to our family!! I love you so much Clay and I have enjoyed every minute with you from the Hansen Planetarium until now. I am so lucky to have you for my first and oldest grandchild! You raise the bar for all the rest.

Love you,
Grandma Salisbury

Anonymous said...

I remember when you sent me Clay's birthday announcement and I thought he was the cutest baby in the world. That's when I started thinking, "It's time to have a baby. Look how cute Abby's is."

Hope he has a great day!

Wendy

P.S. Believe me, starting school after Labor Day isn't all it's cracked up to be . . . especially when you end up going until the third week of JUNE in summertime!

Hardy Party said...

Wow, so many posts... YEA! That BYU game looks awesome. We hope the kids had great Birthdays!!! :-) We love you all very much.